Publish Date : 14th September, 2022
Power and Energy Training Academy (PETA)
Course Name: Certificate Course on “Operations & Maintenance of Power Plant”
The Power and Energy Training Academy of United International University offers this certificate course for people who are interested in working in power plants. This is a career-oriented specialized course on power plant operations and maintenance. This academy aims to train professional engineers for the power and energy sector of Bangladesh.
Admission Open for 8th Batch:
- Classes start from: 03 March 2023
- Course Duration: 40 Hours (4 Months)
- Class Schedule: Friday (9:30 AM to 12:30 PM)
- Venue: United International University (UIU), United City, Madani Avenue, Badda, Dhaka-1212.
Course Fee & Payment Policy
- After 30% discount: BDT 15000
- Admission fee: BDT 500
- Bring a copy of NID
- Recent certificates
- Passport sized photograph and
- Course fee to UIU admission office for admission.
Admission Office Time:
- Saturday to Wednesday (9.30 AM to 4.00 PM)
Who should join this program?
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering students
- Mechanical Engineering students
- Marine Engineering students
- Graduates and Trainee Engineers. (MSc/BSc/Diploma Engineers)
- Daylong power plant visit
- Learning from top-notch experts from leading power plants
- Training on Industry grade technologies
- Audio-visual aids for theoretical lecture contents
- State of the art lab facilities for hands-on learning
- Power system design & analyses using ETAP software
- Special session on soft skills development
- Standard Operation Philosophy (SOP) of Power Plants.
- Integrated Load Management System Procedures of Power Plant.
- Internal Combustion Engine Details, Different Systems Associated with the Engine & Its Power Plant Application.
- HFO Handling, Processing System & Treatment Procedures, and Troubleshooting.
- Introduction to the Governing & Control System of the Power Plant.
- How to Read Electrical Systems Drawings & Troubleshooting Procedures.
- Mechanical Major Overhauling Procedures for Scheduled & Unscheduled Maintenance.
- Introduction to the Protection Systems for Gensets, and Feeders.
- Introduction to the Co-generation Power Plant Operations & Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG) System.
- Lube Oil System & Quality Analysis.
- Cooling Water System & Quality Analysis.
- Industrial Sensor Applications & Calibration Technics.
- Introduction to the LV, MV, and HV Switchgear and Application in Power Plants.
- Insulation Resistance (Megger) Testing Procedure of different Electrical Equipment.
- Electrical System Introduction for a Power Plant.
- Different Types of Pumps’ & Motors’ Principles & Applications in Power Plant.
Md. Nadeem Chowdhury
Lecturer – Department of EEE
Coordinator – Power and Energy Training Academy (PETA)
United International University
WhatsApp: +8801688043416 (9am to 5pm)