Publish Date : 9th November, 2021
Applications are invited for the position of one research assistant in the Biomedical Image and Signal Processing (BIMS) research group in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering to work on the United International University (UIU) Research Grant-funded project, titled development of low-cost technology for remote pediatric cardiac consultation. This project aims at developing a low-cost diagnosis system for children with congenital heart disease (CHD). A list of signal processing and machine learning methods are to be studied to derive an automated framework for preliminary diagnosis when the resources are limited and only few experts are located around the capital city of Bangladesh.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To conceptualize the structure of a telemedicine framework to establish remote access for children suffering from CHD.
- To participate in the design of data acquisition protocol.
- To develop an automated CHD diagnostic framework using signal processing and machine learning. To write research progress report for the research sponsor.
- To write manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
- To co-supervise undergraduate capstones project.
- At least an undergraduate degree in EEE (with good academic record) or in relevant discipline from a reputed university.
- At least 1-year research experience in biomedical signal processing.
- Knowledge of basic machine learning and deep learning algorithms (i.e., GoogLeNet, AlexNet, etc.)
- Proficiency in MATLAB programming.
- Familiarities with biomedical data collection devices.
- Experience in biomedical data collection.
- Excellent scientific writing skill demonstrated mainly by peer-reviewed articles or conferences.
- At-least an international publication (Scopus indexed) is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of basic cardiac electrophysiology.
- Previous experience with (pediatric) cardiologists is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
This is a full-time post starting from 1 November 2021 for 9 months.
For further enquiries, contact Prof. Raqibul Mostafa (via firstname.lastname@example.org or +8801713123572). Application Deadline: 14 November 2021